Barmer-Salaya Pipeline Project
Cairn Energy India Ltd. and ONGC India Ltd. discovered waxy crude oil in the state of Rajasthan, India. The Mangala oil field located in North East of Barmer is the largest field. Oil from the Mangala oilfield was transported to Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals (MRPL), Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation (HPCL), who were nominated by the Government of India (GoI). The initial output from the field was transported through trucks. Full output requires the completion of a 670 km export pipeline.
Crude oil has a high pour point and viscosity due to its waxy nature and its highly paraffinic nature makes it an excellent secondary processing feedstock for refineries. The pipeline transported oil from the MPT to the Gujarat coast. It also comprised storage terminals and heating systems maintained crude oil temperature above 65 °C (145 °F). The export pipeline goes through the states of Rajasthan and Gujarat, including eight districts and about 250 villages.
Waxy crude oil is exported from the Mangala Field development in Rajasthan to Salaya, Gujrat, total length 610 Km (approx). The crude oil pipeline is 24 in (609.6 mm) in diameter carbon steel and at maximum flow, it will carry 15,000 barrels of waxy crude.
The project is the longest pre-insulated heat traced pipeline in the world. The client was looking for a trusted company and selected PERMA-PIPE as their partner for our long, proven track record and experience.
Selected TRACE-THERM™ the premier engineered pre-insulated and heat traced piping system provided with greater transparency to help the client achieve these results:
- Maintained the required flow assurance and temperature range requirements
- Met the testing requirements with unparalleled certified accuracy since TRACE-THERM was produced and tested in a controlled environment and the latest facility
- Low thermal conductivity PU foam minimized the overall thickness of the insulation to create fewer waste materials and space
- High thermal protection helped saved overall energy cost savings in the overall project
- Produced and tested in a controlled environment and in a state-of-art facility
- Cut the transportation by using a mobile facility to save even more money serving the projects from where we are, but if the project can’t come to us we will go to the project)
|Project Type:||Oil & Gas|
|Pipe Size:||24 in (609.6 mm)|
|Heat Tracing System:||1 in (25 mm) x 1 in (25 mm) tubes welded longitudinally|
|Insulation:||3.5 in (90 mm)|
|Jacketing:||1.19 in (5 mm)|
For further information about this project, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org