Location: Lebanon, TN
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of product manufacture utilizing project management methodologies, ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. Strong competencies in industrial and commercial mechanical construction are preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead, manage, plan multiple strategic projects.
- Manage customer relationship post purchase order.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Manage and resolve commercial and technical project issues.
- Develop project plans, schedules, and reporting
- Along with Sales, negotiate contract terms and conditions within delegation of authority.
- During bid development, develop execution, procurement, and fabrication strategies.
- Ensure good contract execution, including invoicing, budgets, cost tracking, etc.
- Coordinate with engineering, production, safety, and sales.
- Consistently monitor and report on progress to all stakeholders.
- Analyze and negotiate back charges or warranty claims.
- Coordinate shipping priorities and/or shipping sequence, along with shipping schedules.
- Provide support to customers, sales representatives and production.
- Participate in monthly project progress review meetings and gross profit meetings.
- Establish and maintain Best Practices for Project Management staff.
- Develop and Coordinate training program for Project Management Group.
- Accountable for Accounts Receivable
- Assist with collecting past due balances.
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Maintain lessons learned logs and facilitate lessons learned meetings
- Perform other duties/ projects as assigned or as required by the position.
- Engineering or Business degree
- PMP Certification
- Lean Manufacturing is a plus
- 3 – 7 years of prior project management.
- Industrial or Commercial construction experience a plus.
- Strong change management skills and thorough experience in identifying and submission of change order requests for approval.
- Strong skills in risk management
- Energetic and driven
- Ability to read mechanical piping and shop fabrication engineering drawings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficiency is MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project and SharePoint).
- Strong understanding of project accounting and costing systems.
- Experience with ERP software.
Ability to travel up to 30% within and outside the United States.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Must be able to operate computer and other office machines such as calculator, telephone, copier, and other office equipment as the job requires.
Requires sitting, bending, and reaching. May require lifting up to 10 pounds. Requires manual agility sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computer, calculator, telephone, copier and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Must handle diverse work problems on a daily basis. Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure. Must relate and interact with people at all levels in the company.
Works in an office setting, manufacturing environment, and customer sites. This position may require working more than a forty-hour workweek, on an as needed basis.
PERMA-PIPE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, equal pay and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), mental or physical disability, veteran status or genetic information.