Acts as financial advisor to the General Manager – US by providing financial analysis, planning, and budget control. Advises on profitability of organization and assets. Works with General Manager – US to develop strategic and long-term financial goals.
The Finance Manager produces and analyzes financial information critical to business interests as well as creates and presents reports to management regarding accounting data to enable knowledge-based decision making and forecasts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares financial reports that summarize and forecast the organization’s financial position, such as income statements, balance sheets, cash flow and analyses of future earnings or expenses.
- Prepare the US Operations budget and Strategic Plan with input from the management team
- Maintain a system of controls to safeguard assets and assure accurate financial reporting
- Prepare monthly variance analysis from budget and work with operations management to develop remediation action plans
- Work with internal audit to ensure all compliance and documentation issues are addressed.
- Provide assistance to the General Manager and Senior Management in the review of operations and any other ad-hoc reports and requests
- Coach accounting team members, including review and approval of work assignments and training requirements of the team including completion of regular performance reviews
- Work directly with operations management to identify and implement cost savings opportunities
- Develop working papers and excel spreadsheets to facilitate the preparation of departmental budgets.
- Collect and analyze historical data to be used in the budget process
- Partner with the GM in evaluating the results of the previous year’s strategic plan, forecast and budget and make recommendations for improvement in all areas of plan development and results.
- Manage the preparation of the yearly Business Plan and assist with presenting to senior management.
- Maintain financial security by researching and reconciling discrepancies; auditing and verifying documents; following internal controls; completing data backups
- Stay current with all regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements and industry trends
- Assist with raising Capital Appropriation Requests as well as project expenditure tracking
- Generate P&L summaries to track progress of the business through each month
- Provide post-project analysis for profitability and input costs analysis
- Monitor and responsible for maintaining SOX Controls requirements
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions for continuous improvement.
- Partner with Finance Directors/managers globally in advancing the financial data management systems, processes and procedures.
- Support audit process by suppling information and analysis required by external auditors.
- Other duties as requested by the SVP Americas, CFO and General Manager Performs other duties/ projects as assigned or as required by the position.
- Reports to General Manager – US
- Experience with the application of percentage of completion/revenue recognition accounting
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements
- Experience in capital and operations forecasting and reconciliation, etc.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail and experience with an ERP.
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Ability to lead and manage direct reports
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- 5-10 years working experience in accounting required
- University Degree in Accounting
- CA or CPA or CMA desired
PERMA-PIPE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, equal pay and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), mental or physical disability, veteran status or genetic information.