Location: Niles, Illinois, United States
Estimates and sells the organization’s products and services by servicing External Sales Representatives requests and calling prospective and established customers. Performs take offs and maintains the sales programs by keeping customers informed about available services, supplies, prices, and new products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to inbound calls and e-mail traffic
- Gather necessary project information (internal and external) for preparation of estimates
- Review design options / project specifications and perform take offs
- Generate project estimates, develop proposals, and obtain appropriate internal approvals for proposals.
- Develop technical and application knowledge on all company product lines
- Provide courteous and professional support to outside sales personnel, as well as other departments within Perma-Pipe.
- Performs other duties/ projects as assigned or as required by the position.
- Results-driven and self-motivated
- Comfortable conducting business over the phone
- Articulate and well spoken, strong communicator
- Ability to interact with people both internally & externally via face to face & electronically.
- Good math skills and the ability to learn technical product applications – Basic Geometry & Algebra
- Previous Estimating experience Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Basic Mechanical blueprint reading
- Ability to learn/apply basic engineering concepts
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to change.
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
PERMA-PIPE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, equal pay and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), mental or physical disability, veteran status or genetic information.